Reading Reflection #3

This post is about The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users.
As is to be excepted, this book is all about optimizing your social media, whether it's your personal blog or your company's Twitter page. There were many tips on how to get the most interactions, how to choose a good profile picture and the argument was that if you manage the vast world of social media, your company will get more business and you will be more well know, depending on your initial purpose.
Of course, as a company dwelling in this modern age, if you don't have a social media presence, you might as well not exist. People make snap judgements on whether a small start-up is worth it and normally that's done by scrolling through a website or a Facebook page. As an entrepreneur, you need that first impression to be strong and make a good impression in their mind. This can also be a platform to market your business and the products/services it's selling and it's totally free to use, which is a huge plus.
I'd say that a great, practical exercise from this would be to search a name in some form of social media and scroll through the results. See what they do well, see what could use some work as far as their profile picture and the content they produce. After that, go back to your own profiles and see what you could improve upon to get across the message you want to send to your followers.
One of the reasons why I chose this book was because I have a weak social media presence and wanted to know a few ways to improve that. I expected that it takes a charming, engaged person to have good, organized content. However, there were several sources cited that allowed you to spread out your good content. Meaning, these sites will post your content automatically at the best time for viewing each day. I was blown away that there was media to help you with your social media. It really made me optimistic that I can improve on what I post.

Comments

  1. Hey Julia,

    I really enjoyed your analysis of this book. I just began reading this on my own and there is so much that you can learn about our generation from this book it seems. Business has been changing rampantly the past few decades and it is becoming more and more important for new entrepreneurs to be able to utilize the mostly free resource that is social media. I hope you learned a great deal from this book and that it well serve you well in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia,
    I thought you formed a good analysis of this book. I think social media is becoming ever more essential to optimize in society and the workplace. Ultimately it can help you expand your horizons and network with more people. I hope you enjoyed the book it sounds like you gained from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julia!
    I also chose this book for this weeks assignment. It seems like you picked up on a lot of the useful tips that the author wrote about. I really like your idea for improving other peoples social media walls as you may find that you are making the same mistakes. I also chose this book to bolster my social media presence which seems like an increasingly valuable tool. Overall, great job on the report!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Julia, I actually read that book this week too! Your analysis is very spot on and you explained everything so perfectly. I agree with you that mastering the skills of social media will definitely broaden your horizons in your business, since you are giving your company exposure. Almost everyone is on social media nowadays, so it makes sense to follow where society’s trends are at.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elevator Pitch #3

Elevator Pitch #2