My Exit Strategy

This company has always been about being entrenched in the community as a way of gaining trust from mothers and obtaining business in general. I want to keep it that way so that means I'll be staying with this business until I retire. I will only retire if I find somebody who wants to further my company even if it means that they will sell to a bigger corporation. Personally, I believe that if it goes large-scale, my brand will lose a lot of what makes it so great, but if somehow this can be maintained while marketing to a larger audience, then so be it.
Being family-oriented has always been at the center of my business decisions, which is why I will stay, but I'm not hugely passionate about sustainable-sourced cleaning products. I'll leave eventually and not be too broken-hearted if it goes in a direction I didn't foresee. Both of these combined have influenced my decision to not put my life and soul into marketing and seeking out multiple groups of people to sell to. However, I do want my suppliers to have the same dream of being eco-friendly because of the importance of taking care of the environment.

Comments

  1. Hey Julia! I think your reasoning for keeping the business until you retire is so great. I agree that by doing that, it will gain more trust from the community. Although this product may not be something you are completely passionate about, I think you did such a great job with all the details, and you put so much thought into perfecting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julia!
    I think its a great idea to keep your business in your hands to build trust within the community. I agree that when major corporations pick up smaller products they often lose what made them so special in the first place. I think its great that you are looking for suppliers in the future that hold the same Eco friendly beliefs your company was focused on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elevator Pitch #3

Elevator Pitch #2