Figuring Out Buyer Behavior #1

In my Elevator Pitch, I said that I would market this product to managers of fast-food restaurants, however I wanted to explore another possible sector of my market: mothers with more than two children under the age of 13.
In my interviews, all three mothers were very enthusiastic about my product, one even offering to test it if I ever made it. All three women were working in some capacity and did the majority of the cleaning for their household. To my surprise, when I asked them what they used to clean the most they all said the broom was their number one choice. I pressed one mother as to why this was and she in essence cited convenience of use.
People were the first source of information that most of these women would turn to if they were trying to solve a problem. The general vibe I got from these mothers was that they would talked to a qualified individual first depending on the problem. Google would only come into the process if they wanted to fact-check someone or if there were no human resources available to them.
In short, these women are hyper-aware of the cleanliness of their own homes, but are not actively looking for a solution because they make it work, like all the best mothers do.

Comments

  1. Hey Julia!
    I think you found another great market to target with your product. I know that I could certainly use a better device to clean up around the house. If your product delivered a better cleaning system than the standard way I'm sure it would be adopted into a lot of the houses across the country. I'm excited to hear more about it. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julia, great job in exploring another sector in your market! I really like how you are thinking outside the box and trying to get as much information as you can about your market. I’m actually very surprised of your findings. I constantly look for products to clean my home and find a solution to everything. I feel like once your product is out there in the market, it will become a necessity and people will need it in their homes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elevator Pitch #3

Elevator Pitch #2