Bug List

 Here is a list of things that make my life hard:

1. I want to expand my music taste, but it's onerous to find those obscure bands and genres of music that have the potential to be amazing. I don't know what I don't know and Spotify or Youtube won't really dig deep to find something I would enjoy as the listener.
2. Every time I get out of my community shower, I get water all over the floor. There's nothing to absorb or catch the dripping water since there's nowhere to put a towel.
3. Whenever my shoes that aren't sandals or Crocs get wet, it takes forever for them to dry because the shoes are closed spaces and air flow is blocked.
4. My earbuds break all the time since they're both delicate and utilized in my everyday life.
5. Command strips are never strong enough to hang anything useful of mine. They're designed to only hold a certain amount of weight.
6. Every morning when I wake up, there is condensation on the inside of my wall behind my pillows. I'm not quite sure why this is, but I hypothesize that my room is warmer than outside and so condensation builds up, like in a car.
7. I share a room with someone else and due to it's small size, it's very hard to find privacy to change my clothes or just be alone when she is also in the room, which is often.
8. There is very dim lighting in my shower so I can't see when I shave. As a result, I have a patchy shave job and I have to go back and shave again.
9. Oftentimes, I'll be too busy to drink enough water or I'll forget during the day so I become dehydrated.
10. My laptop is soooo heavy which makes it hard to lug around in my backpack when I bike to class because there's no other secure place to store it.
11. When I want to read a book and my roommate is asleep, I turn on a light to see. The only problem is that this light is very bright and will most likely wake her up due to the startling radiance.
12. Something that bothers me at restaurants is that if I want to have a side of fruit instead of the fries, I have to pay extra when I'm just getting the same amount of food. Of course, I realize that more labor goes into getting the fruit, washing it, and cutting it than cutting and frying cheap potatoes, but if I choose to be healthy, I shouldn't be punished for that.
13. My lipstick almost always comes off if I'm drinking something out of a straw because the lipstick doesn't stick to my lips well.
14. If I'm drinking a Slurpee or a Frappucino, occasionally I can't suck continuously through the straw because I drank the melted part too fast or it was too cold in the beginning.
15. It's difficult for me to take a shower in the cold because I have nothing to shield me from the frigid air, especially now in our Florida "winter".
16. Many apps such as MyFitnessLife or Weight Watchers will help you lose weight by tracking your food but they can't possibly have a result for every single thing you eat because there is a lot of food in the world.
17. I have found that whenever I'm eating a meat sandwich (hamburger, pulled pork, burrito), there will be meat juice that flows out because the meat is either very tender or it wasn't cooked for a long time.
18. Mankind has searched for a long time for something that will keep their hands warm but still have their fine motor skills. In my case, that means using a phone or keys. There's too much fabric on the pads of your fingers so no traction is created.
19. Whenever I wear a hat, my hair becomes shaped in the hole of the hat, or what is commonly known as "hat hair". This phenomenon occurs because the hat is tight on my head and when I remove, it disrupts my hair.
20. Stickers don't have a long stick capability and the edges come unstuck. There's no way to re-adhere them because it just won't stick as well afterwards.


This list was astoundingly hard to compile for me. Usually, I just ignore the problem because there's nothing I can do to fix it so I have all of these annoyances suppressed too far to recall them.  If I tried to ask other people to get ideas flowing, they wouldn't know what I was talking about and would say something like "starvation in third world countries" or "debt". Professor Pryor was absolutely right, I was okay coming up with 10 from memory, but it took me a few days to gather the other half. It was a useful exercise because it got me to thinking about solutions to these problems and how some had the potential to be a simple fix.

Comments

  1. Hey Julia! I thought your bug list was very interesting. Having read over it I feel like I experience a lot of the same problems. I also had to rack my brain to come up with the second halof of my bug list. Try the discover weekly playlist for your Spotify bug. It usually has a few good songs mixed in that you may enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your list. I don’t think I have anything on my list that may be like yours, but after reading your bugs, I completely feel the same way too! Your explanations were also very thorough and clear, and your tone of writing made it so enjoyable to read. You are right about the hat hair situation, and since it’s cold now, I really want to wear a beanie but once you take it off, your hair literally looks like a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, I enjoyed reading your list and found some things that I can definitely relate to. I thought it was funny that many of your problems arose from living in a dorm, such as the showering issues, roommate annoyances etc. All I can say is hang on in there and find a better spot in the next years because I had a big love/hate relationship with living in dorms as well. I hope you have less things that bug you in 2018 than in 2017.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elevator Pitch #3

Elevator Pitch #2