My Entrepreneurship Story




My uncle was an entrepreneur because he started his own business. His daughter has special needs and she often has seizures. Due to that, she needed a special bed so she wouldn’t fall out or otherwise injure herself. He made her one and figured other people with special needs children would need custom beds like the one he made for his daughter. Below is one example of a bed he has designed. He is constantly making new styles and figuring out what his customers needs from him. From a young age I knew from him that being entrepreneur is a lot of work. In fact, when I told him I wanted to do what he does, he advised me to think about it before I committed to it.

I’m taking this class because entrepreneurship sounds really cool. I really want to open a business someday that will allow people to be able to connect with their fellow man face-to-face. I’m not exactly sure how to do that and in what format that should be, but that’s part of what I’m hoping to get out of this class: what it’s like to own your own business. Since starting the class, I realize owning your own business is not the definition of an entrepreneur but it is about introducing something new to people that will make their life easier or better. Ultimately, I’d like to see a slice of what an entrepreneur’s life is like and see if this is something I’d like to do in the future.

 https://bedsbygeorge.com/safety/images/hiside_half%20airflow.jpg

Comments

  1. Hey Julia,

    I think it’s cool the lengths your uncle went to make sure his daughter was comfortable, and essential not only did he help her, but other fellow kids that needed exactly what your uncle was providing. It’s true wanting to start your own business or being an entrepreneurial is extremely hard, you will be working 90hr a week just so you don’t have to work a 9-5 but in the end, it pays off. I hope you get out what you want out of this class and strive on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julia!
    Your Uncle sounds like a true entrepreneur and sure others who require his services are glad he has made such great steps in creating these safe beds. I hope you will also be able to follow inn his footsteps and create your own business. Although you don't have a clear path yet to this goal hard work will help generate success for you in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, your entrepreneurship story was very inspiring! Your uncle sounds like such a great entrepreneur. I can’t believe he built his daughter a bed. That was very great that he wanted her to become comfortable and made sure her safety was a priority. The best part about it is that he thought of others and decided to make that his career. That would be so nice if you decided you wanted to do what he does, I really hope for the best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, cool story about your uncle. I think it directly shows that entrepreneurship can have a positive impact on the world. Your uncle seems like a very smart and business savvy guy. I find the fact that you want to be an entrepreneur awesome. Its a risky decision but if you put the effort in you can make it pay off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elevator Pitch #3

Elevator Pitch #2