Idea Napkin #2

1) You: I love finding the best solution to a problem whether it's getting a stain out or finding out the best way to use this calculus formula and to do that, I do a ton of research I pride myself on coming up with creative solutions to problems as well as my general creative spirit. If I’m passionate about something, I will not stop until my goal is reached. Moms and other caregivers already do so much for us and so my goal is to make their lives a little easier in whatever way I can do that. In order to gain these people's trust, I have to build relationships and so this will be heavily wrapped up in my everyday life.

2) What I'm giving my customers: I’m offering cleaner floors with a better dustpan. Since there’s always a line of dirt left over when sweeping, this would take care of that. The skeleton of the design is a standing dustpan with a long handle and a compartment, but there are modifications, like a bigger compartment for the dirt and other detritus on the floor as well as the removal of the sloping edges. The most important part is the very edge of the dustpan, where there is a line of mophead material. This makes it a bit thicker than most dustpans, but the leftover dirt gets trapped in that, leaving the floors with less dirt. It’d be designed for multiple uses, but would need to be replaced after a few months.

3) Customer base: Typically, I will be targeting mothers with at least 2-3 children, but this demographic will include all caregivers in general. They don't have a lot of time in the day and although they manage, they'd appreciate some downtime within their day. What unites them is the fact they all have people they take care of and their life at least somewhat revolves around the home.

4) Why do they care?: From my multiple interviews, I've learned that most mothers spend a lot of time cleaning their house. There's already a multitude of things to clean, so if they have to reclean something, it wastes time. This dustpan will save time so that they can spend more time on other things, like cooking, spending time with their family, or taking some time for themselves to recharge after a long day.

5) Secret sauce: I grew up with many of the same women and caregivers that I'm trying to target here. That means I know a little bit about them already and they will appreciate something that's just for them since they are constantly giving of themselves to others.

I do think these elements fit together. My market values respect and so if I take the time to find out what they really need with my research, they will be more adapt to buy what I'm selling. I need to find more things that will set me apart, but other than that, I have confidence in this idea.

Feedback memo:I was told that I needed more in my "You" section to market myself better so I added a few traits and made others more specific. Also, I've changed my market and so my strategies and Secret Sauce is going to be different from restaurant managers as you can see in this post.

Comments

  1. Hey Julia!
    I thought you did a much better job with describing the traits of your market. I thought you were very thorough in describing your market segments that would be interested in your product. I think changing your market was a good move as it will help your product succeed outside of restaurant chains. Overall I thought you did a really good job with this post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, great job with this assignment. I really like how detailed you were and how you explained things in so much depth. This really shows me how passionate you are and how everything is well planned out. I like how open minded you are about improving your product, and how much you know about your target segment. I agree that your elements fit well together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elevator Pitch #3

Elevator Pitch #2