Secret Sauce

What I thought my human capital was:



1 1. I love helping people whatever they need, whether it’s encouragement, physically doing something for them, or listening to them. I've been working on this for awhile and I believe that I've gotten pretty good at this
2 2. I’m able to work pretty well under pressure. I've participated in theatre for a number of years now and although there was a lot of pressure and stress, I loved every minute of it.
3 3. I really really really love to research and find the best, most accurate information. Often I'll find out what the best places to go in a city are or the cheapest place to buy socks or something random like that. 
   4. In my opinion, I’m pretty empathetic and always try to understand both points of view or see where someone is coming from. I think it's important to keep an open mind and not be stubborn (most of the time) because then it's easier to reach understanding or a look into why that person is the way they are today.
   5. I’d like to think I’m good at designing something in the lines of making it aesthetically pleasing. For instance, I enjoy making calligraphy and I turn them into posters with designs so I work hard at making it look nice.
      

      My interviews

     

 Dad's Interview
My poor dad was very stressed so some of his answers sound a little strange. He brought up a lot of things I didn't think about, like my ability to memorize and that I have a different way of thinking. I disagree with my being a good mediator, but that's fine

Mom's Interview
Again, my dad wasn't aware that I was recording this, so please disregard whatever he said. My mom, like a lot of mothers, tends to gush about me a lot, so sometimes I have to take what she says with a grain of salt even though she's very sweet and encouraging.

Rebekah's Interview
This is my older sister and I was a little surprised from her terse interview, but nonetheless, she gave thoughtful answers. She was also one of the only people to mention any skills that I'm proud of personally, like my calligraphy. P.s. if you hear meowing in the background, that is her cat.

Jordan's Interview
We haven't talked a lot about what we appreciate about each other, so his answers were very intriguing to me. I've just realized I have a good eye for detail and it was nice that he recognized that even before I did. He has had constant faith in me in my goals and that's part of the reason why I'm still chasing this dream to be an entrepreneur. Also, this interview was over the phone so he misheard me at one point if you were confused.

Annabella's Interview
I've known Annabella since middle school. She had a really good point about my family upbringing contributing to the reason why I'm empathetic and kind towards people today. She was also the second person to say that I have a unique perspective on things, which is good because that's something I'm proud of, but wasn't quite sure if I could list it in my skills prior to the interviews.

Reflections:

I was honestly surprised that everyone answered my "past experiences relating to my present" question. This was a really cool experience to see what people thought of me. Do I think they were accurate? For the most part. As previously mentioned, I think my mom was a little biased but I agreed with most everything they said. Baking was brought up, which is debatable.
Hearing everyone's input, I'd definitely put my creative outlook onto the list even though it's a little generic. Getting other people's confirmation was helpful to know if that was a viable skill. I'd remove working well under pressure because that's something that everyone has to do in their lives in some way, shape, or form.

Comments

  1. Julia, I really enjoy reading your post. I especially think it’s such a great thing being able to work under pressure, it will benefit you so much in the future. It’s going to come in handy for every situation you are in, especially at your work place. Also, I love your fact #3! That is something I try doing but none of my friends are like that at all and they think I’m weird for that! Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elevator Pitch #3

Elevator Pitch #2